Here is a great list of famous people who died doing what they loved best, performing. Some of them died on stage and some while being filmed or on a film set, all of them died suddenly. Many of them will be sadly missed by their families, friends and fans. How many of them do you remember?
1) Tommy Cooper. The British comedian died live on TV while performing at Her Majesties Theater in London in 1984.
2) Les Harvey. The rock singer was electrocuted on stage in Swansea, Wales in 1972.
3) Steve Irwin. The Australian naturalist was killed by a stingray while filming a documentary in 2006.
4) Sid James. The English comedian and actor collapsed on stage and died in 1976.
5) Roy Kinnear. The British comedian fell off a horse and died while filming in Spain in 1988.
6) Brandon Lee. The son of Bruce Lee was accidentally shot and died while filming The Crow in North Carolina in 1993.
7) William Ellsworth Robinson. The American magician was shot on stage when a trick went wrong at the Wood Green Empire in London in 1918.
8) Vic Morrow. The American actor was filming The Twilight Zone The Movie in 1982 when he was decapitated by an out of control helicopter.
9) Tyrone Power. The American actor died while filming in Spain in 1958.
10) Karl Wallenda. The German tightrope walker fell to his death while walking a tightrope between two buildings in 1978.
I am sure you can think of a few others. I think the deaths of performers are really tragic when they die performing. The performers in my top 10 are unusual in that not only did they live their lives in the public gaze, but they died very publicly too.