A question I often get asked from my business owner clients is “what reports should I be asking for so that I can keep my finger on the pulse on my business”.
Now this does differ slightly from business to business. For example, if you are a retail shop, then you’re going to automatically have daily figures available to you as part of your normal process. However most businesses should be asking for weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
WHY I NEED TO READ REPORTS!
Before I go through the reports in detail, I know that a lot of people don’t like looking at the figures in their business. And usually this is because they don’t know what it is that they’re looking for. So usually then their accountant or bookkeeper (or receptionist!) gives them a monthly report, they glance at while holding their breath, and then either breathe a sigh of relief if it shows a profit, or they grimace and swear when it shows a loss. But usually by the time they’ve got this report, it’s already too late. The financial status of your business should be at the forefront of your mind every day- not something that you look at once or twice a year when you run out of cash.
The first thing to decide is how frequently you need to see reports. I suggest a minimum of monthly, if not weekly. This can sometimes depend on whether you have a full time accounts person, or whether they only come in once a month.
TOP TIP: DO A YEAR END EACH MONTH
To help you know what’s going on in your business, one of the first things to implement into your business is a culture of having a year end every month. By that I mean… you want to ensure that every revenue figure and expense if recorded according to the month that it’s incurred. If you insist on this type of culture, you will start to receive accurate figures. So think end of year each month and close off all financial data for each month. That way you know that your reports fully reflect the state of your business and you get accurate profit and loss reporting and it can help you to identify trends in your cash flow.
With regards to reporting, if you have a full time person looking after your reports, you should be having a weekly meeting with them to review reports. To make this process easy for you, refer to the ‘Essential Financial Management Templates’ workbook which you can purchase from our website. This workbook has a standard financial meeting agenda that will help you to guide your meeting so that it’s both effective and efficient.
When you are meeting with your accounts person, you want to ensure that you have all the reports up front -before your meeting – so that you have time to go through them and highlight any discrepancies that you can then address during the meeting.
YOUR WEEKLY REPORT PACK
So what information do you need to know if your business is doing well or not? Well your weekly report pack should consist of the following five reports (by the way, a sample copy of each of these reports is also included in the workbook that I mentioned before):
1) A Profit and Loss – this should be provided weekly (if you’re meeting weekly) as well as a Month to Date and a Year to Date report. So that’s actually three reports in total!
2) From there, you would request a copy of your Aged Payables. This report shows a list of all the people that you owe money to, and when it’s due – or if its overdue. If there are any amounts that exceed your suppliers trading terms, you want to know why. If it’s because of cash flow, you then look at your cash flow analysis report to see when they will be paid. To maintain a great relationship with your supplier, you then need to communicate this with them.
3) Another essential report is your Aged Receivables. This is where you can clearly see who owes you money and if they have any amounts outstanding to you. This allows you to follow up on collections way before it becomes overdue. As part of your financial management systems, you should have a standard follow up system. For example – if a client has exceeded their trading terms by 7 days, what happens – do you follow up with a quick phone call to check that they’ve received the invoice. If its 14 days – what happens – and so on.
If you refer to the ‘Essential Financial Management Templates’ workbook that I mentioned before, there’s also a list of demand …
With the advent of online galleries and shopping it’s important to know what to look for when dealing with an online gallery.
These Lucky 7 tips should help you through the online maze!
1.Look for a high-quality gallery. Many galleries are set up by people on a whim, with no real idea of what constitutes high quality and fair pricing. Talk to the people running the site and feel free to ask them for photographs of there previous work or contact details of satisfied clients.
2. Does the online store have a physical address? Check to see if the online site has a physical address. This is a good indication that the site has a solid foundation and accountability. PO Boxes are usually an indication of an amateur set up.
3. What is the Return Policy? Check the policy page of the site to insure it has a solid and well articulated returns policy. If there is none, or the policy is vague….keep looking elsewhere!
4. Can you speak to someone in ‘real life’ (On the telephone or in person). Does the online store have a landline telephone line? If it does give the number a call and talk to the person running the gallery. For example, if you call 03 9018 6782 (Direct Art Australia) you will talk to Julian, the Manager; a real person (what a concept!).
5. Get the right size. Take out your tape measure or ruler and measure up the place where you want to put the artwork or portrait. Believe me, this will be some of your best work! There’s nothing worse than a picture that won’t fit…then order one for that size. Most galleries will be happy to paint a custom size.
6. Know the difference between a print, canvas transfer and an oil painting. It can be confusing understanding the difference between all the different types artwork and mediums available. Here is a basic explanation: The best quality artwork is generally 100% hand painted oil paintings on canvas. Individual artists paint these and there is no computer enhancement…the artists are highly trained, in most cases; and there paintings generate a wonderful energy. Poster Prints and Glicee canvas transfers are computer enhanced images (except for screen prints and limited edition series prints) and are usually lower cost and quality.) They can be produced en masse and do not require the skill of a well trained artist. There are exceptions to every rule!
What do you know about jelqing? Is this the first time you have heard about jelqing? Do you want to explore new things and know something new? Jelqing is common today and practiced by many men. It is a procedure used by many men in order to be appreciated by women. They do not want to get discouraged by their partners or even girlfriends or even sex partners, so jelqing is the answer that these men have turned to in answering their need. Jelqing is done without surgery and effective when done properly. It can help your penis become stronger and bigger. It is a natural way of enhancing your penis. Try to do the procedure in order to impress your girl in bed.
Jelqing is effective if followed properly
Many people have experienced the effectiveness of doing the procedure. But, some of them may get discouraged because they do not follow it step by step and performing it correctly. They can have better results without experiencing pain and other side effects if these steps are followed properly. When doing it, they should not over exercise in order to reach your goal immediately. You can also ask advices from your close friends and you may also attend seminars to know the proper procedure. You can also watch videos from the internet in order to have better results.
Effects of over exercising
When you compress your penis too much, you can experience pain so try to prevent over exercising to prevent this from happening. You may also experience having rashes especially when you do not use lubricants. Lubricants can help in preventing cuts and eases friction while rubbing your penis. You can also experience bruising when using traction devices. So better prevent over exercising to prevent complications. Try to be patient in doing it and just follow the procedure in order to have better results. When you experience some side effects, you can have a rest and some hot compress or soaks. It can really help. If you do not want it to happen again, try to prevent over exercising because there is no instant road to success. Do it properly and have some rest.
Paw print tattoos are loved by many and whereas some just have them inked for beauty some have them for a reason. They have deeper meanings to some with the most common being a sign of moving forward, hence the paws are designed to represent a moving animal. Such tattoos have a series of paws progressively getting smaller and smaller and the walk continues. The other meaning could be the love for a pet and the pet could be alive or dead. They are also done in memory of children with each paw representing one child. The meaning depends on what the person wearing the tattoo wants to represent.
Apart from the above, paw print tattoos can go to show personal strengths and virtues, depending on the characteristics of the animal whose paws have been selected. There are so many pawed animals apart from your cat and dog and by knowing what each animal paw symbolizes, you can choose the print that best describes you.
Dog paw – This tattoo translates to adorable, very protective and friendly. If you love nature, then this can be a good paw print tattoo for you.
Cat paw – It is really loved maybe because cats are considered prettier and cuddly than dogs. It stands for being watchful, clever and sharp. If you feel this is who you really are, then you can have the paw print as your ideal tattoo.
Lion paw – It means power and strength and is a more suitable paw print for men who feel macho. You will love this print to match your strong character as a man who sticks to his principles.
Tiger paw – If you are energetic, powerful and unpredictable as a tiger go ahead and have this tattoo inked on you to express who you really are.
Leopard paw – The paw print is first of all very beautiful when done by a good artist. It means being fierce and brave like a soldier. It is a good choice for individuals who have no fear of anything and are always up for any challenge that comes their way.
Wolf paw – You possess fierce strength, you are loyal and expressive both physically and vocally. This is the message you pass across when you have a wolf paw print tattoo.
Boar paw – It is suitable for people who are sincere, sociable and determined. It is not a very popular paw print tattoo, but you can stand out from the crowd in it.
Other tattoos that you can choose from include fox, otter, badger, bear, deer, rat, rabbit, bird and cheetah. They all carry some sort of meaning to them as far as character goes and you should make sure that you look at the meaning of the paw print tattoo you are choosing just to be sure it interprets your personality right if you are getting the print tattoo to express the kind of person you are. When getting the tattoo, you can have other elements included or just choose a style that is interesting.
What exactly is dance? Dance is an art form which expresses ideas, emotions, spiritualism and stories through graceful, rhythmic and coordinated body motions consisting of steps, turns, shakes and other movements. What music and dance share in common is actually rhythm, one of the core components of music, along with pitch. In fact, there can be dance with rhythm alone, usually performed on percussion instruments, such as is common in some West African and Middle Eastern countries. However, most dances are also based on melody. This, of course, is very natural. You will even notice a baby eagerly bounce up and down upon hearing a song. He is, essentially, dancing to rhythm and melody.
Dance is actually very important for a musician to know. It is an auxiliary subject. Just as an actor does not study acting alone but studies the whole range of performing arts, including dance, a musician should also know the broader scope of his subject. In fact, some of the most world-class composers even composed whole sets of music based on dance, usually known as suites or independent movements. This was especially valuable after the Renaissance and during the Baroque periods, though it is continued on, even to this day. Examples of such dances include the bourrée, minuet, jig, courante, sarabande, barcarole, mazurka, tarantella, bolera and waltz, to name a few.
Some forms of dance emphasize a control of a certain body part, such as Irish stepdancing (legs), the Tahitian tamure (hips) and the Balinese Kecak (arms). Dance in general will help a musician learn to gain better control over his body, which is something to master while also playing an instrument. Stiffness will tend to go away and one will become more relaxed and flexible so as to move with ease while performing his instrument. Some Persian and Armenian dances, for instance, simulate energy being released from certain gestures with the arms, wrists and hands. For a pianist, say, this would be invaluable to master. The musician, knowing dance, plays the music that inspires dance, which, in turn, motivates him to motion. This, in turn, becomes momentum for more expressive playing. In this way, dance and music compliment each other.
This interrelationship between music and dance is so profound that it is even one of the most sacred of all expressions, being ritualistic in many religions and even considered one of the highest forms of connecting with a deity.
by Evelyn Simonian
© 2011. Evelyn Simonian
Have you listened to an endless amount of gymnastics floor music demos just trying to find the perfect piece for you floor exercise routine? Are you looking for the perfect song that will display your personality, tumbling, gymnastics dance, and character to its fullest potential? If you have listened to song after song and have not found one you can connect with emotionally and physically or have not found gymnastics floor music that will accentuate your routine and make it stand out from others, do not give up hope! If you have a great idea for a one of a kind gymnastics floor routine, then you should have your gymnastics customized. Customized floor music is choreographed and designed just for you and is intended to fit your floor routine perfectly!
Customized gymnastics floor routine music can consist of any type of music as long as there are no words or lyrics. Gymnastics floor music consists of all genres, such as: hip-hop, techno, folk, classical, rap, country, India rock, R and B, etc. that come from around the world from great places like England, Europe, Germany, Italy, china, Greece, etc. You can also pick your favorite songs, have them strip of all their lyrics, and add extra instrumental parts making it into a remix. They can also cut and splice many different songs and combine them together to make one exclusive gymnastics floor routine music piece!
You do not have to be an Olympic gymnast to get customized music for gymnastics. Customized gymnastics floor music is available to gymnasts of all ages and levels. All you need is a great idea to start with! One of the great things about customized music is you can have it designed just for your likes, needs, and wants. Plus you will be the only gymnast in the whole world to have this unique, one of a kind piece.
When a company wants to show its staff, clients, or stakeholders some appreciation, they put together a corporate entertainment event. These events are a great way to not only show appreciation for those involved with the company in some way, but it is also serves many other purposes. Some of these include:
1. They build morale among the staff in the company. When employees are able to get out of the work environment and have fun, they become friends and that increases morale within a company. Increasing morale does something else within a company as well.
2. It builds productivity and that is very important if a company wants to make money. When a company is productive, there is very little waste and the less waste there is the more profit there is. That is what makes corporate entertainment so good for a company.
3. It helps staff, clients and stakeholders network outside and within the companies. Some companies are so large that many employees do not even know each other. Corporate entertainment events can help employees who would have not known each other, network with each other. It also helps clients network with the people they do business with on a regular basis.
Some private events that companies will hold include:
· Private Concerts
· Christmas Parties
When a company holds these events, it helps the entire company and it helps those within a company get to know who they work with, who they do business with and who works for them. It is a perfect way for a company to build morale, productivity and more. In the end, something like a corporate entertainment event can be the best thing for a company that has become stale and stagnant over time.
One of the great increasing mysteries of today’s modern boatbuilding is the amount of hi-tech gobble-de-gook that the average home boat builder is expected to wade through when the time comes to paint the boat after the horrendous amount of sanding, fairing and hard work is (mostly) over and the fruits of your labour now require a shiny deep lustre that the painting now promises to bring. This part, to my mind at least, is one of the best parts of boatbuilding, the finish! (Well, at least the start of the finish!)
Painting a boat used to be a reasonably simple task. All one needed was a fine dry day, one of Dad’s paintbrushes, some turps, a roll of masking tape, a bit of pink primer left over from the decorating and a half gallon of shiny blue enamel paint from the local hardware store…they were the days!
Not so today, my friends! The unsuspecting boat builder who toddles off to the local chandlery or superstore best be prepared for the very worst- not only will he (or she) face a huge financial onslaught on their wallet but a mind boggling array of hi-tech whiz wow balderdash that the (generally) uninformed shop assistant will proceed to throw in their general direction in the faint hope that you will give in under the stress and buy several litres of the latest polurethanicalslitheryaminomolecular goop that’s just come in. For example, you’ll be faced with trade names like ‘Interlux Interthane coating’. I mean, come on, it sounds like a new space invaders game! This is bloody paint! There are many others but I’m sure you get the gist of what I’m saying.
Another example of the kind of thing that drives me nuts is that you can expect to buy several litres of a iso-cyanate two pack marine polyurethane paint only to be cheerfully told its illegal to spray it unless you have a proper licenced premises to do so, drone drone!! I suppose they have to make up new names to go with the new paint company policies of charging up to $150 a litre for some of these new fangled paints! What the hell have they discovered that’s so expensive to put in this stuff? I was under the impression that paint was a few litres of linseed oil, turps, some drying agents and a few ounces of pigments for colour…can I really be so out of touch?
BACK TO BASICS
So, why do we paint wooden boats? Or any other boat for that matter? The first part of that question is easy. Boats look much smarter and better if they shine and gleam a bit… it’s only human nature after all. The second part to that question is: We want to protect it. Ok, from what? Well, wood rots if you don’t paint it, right? – wrong! Wood left to its own devices does not rot. Wood only rots as a result of its environment. There are multiple cases of how, plain untreated wood can last for centuries as long as it is in the correct environment. There are basically only a few elements that start wood rotting. Biological attack from spores, fungi, temperature, high humidity or total absorption, physical attack from marine borers and crustaceans that allow ingress to all the other elements aforementioned.
Don’t let’s forget that polluted waters can degrade timber to the point where it will rot….we’ll add chemical attack to that list too. So, in view of all these very compelling reasons we protect our boat by painting it to coat it fully against these assaults.
PREPARATION OF TIMBER
The actual preparation of timber can cover a range of differing requirements. If your boat is a new build you won’t have to go through many of the preparatory stages that an older boat may have to go through. With some forms of boatbuilding where a boat has been built by a different method such as strip planking or cold moulding, we paint the boat as if it were a fibreglass boat, due to the fact that either layers of fibreglass cover the timber or that the timber has been coated with epoxy that does not allow conventional paints to adhere to it properly. However, if we wish to protect bare timber then we use a different tack. Timber in its bare natural state has millions of thin hollow tubes running through it, constructed of cellulose in its natural form. We have to seal these tubes to prevent the ingress of water into them. Therefore we seal and coat the timber first of all.
The first thing we do is to clean and remove any loose and flaking or damaged paint plus any dirt that remains on the hull – sounds easy if you say …
Are you a hip-hop artist, producer, entrepreneur or fan who wants to make money in the rap industry? Have you ever thought about starting a hip-hop blog? Believe it or not, hip-hop blogs are becoming more and more popular, and there are plenty of opportunities for hip-hop bloggers to make money online. If the idea of getting paid to share your thoughts and opinions about rap is music to your ears, here’s how to get started.
Step 1 – Choose a Domain Name and Web Host
A domain name is the website address that people will use to visit your blog. In general, you will want to choose a domain name that is easy to remember and gives people an idea of what type of content they will find on your site. Examples of things you may want to use as a domain name are:
- Your stage name (if you are an artist)
- Your company name (if you have an entertainment company or independent record label)
- Your blog name
- Catch phrases or descriptive names
Chances are, your first option for a domain name will already be taken, so be prepared with alternates.
Once you find an available domain you like, you will need to register it quickly to prevent someone else from using it. There is a small domain registration fee, but many web hosting services will waive the domain registration fee when you sign up for hosting.
Step 2 – Install WordPress
WordPress is blogging software that has been used to power over 200 million websites. There are a number of reasons WordPress is so popular:
- Affordability – WordPress is 100% free
- Ease of Use – It does not require any computer or programming skills to install or use
- Highly Customizable – There are thousands of free themes and plug-ins available for download
- Supported – WordPress has one of the largest development communities of any open source software, so it’s easy to find free technical support online
WordPress can usually be installed in less than five minutes through your web hosting control panel. Once installed, you can customize your blog by downloading the hip-hop theme of your choice and installing whichever plug-ins you want to use through your blog’s dashboard.
Step 3 – Start Publishing Hip-Hop Related Content
Once you set up your blog, you will be ready to start publishing content. In general, you will want to publish content of interest to hip-hop fans. This could include:
- Hip-hop related news
- Music, videos and images featuring rappers
- Reviews of new rap music
- Information about upcoming hip-hop events
- Links to other hip-hop blogs
If you are a rapper or producer, you should have no problem creating content based on your own music. Similarly, if you are starting your own entertainment company or independent hip-hop record label, you can blog about the artists you’re working with. If you are not in the music business at all, you can spend a couple of hours each day reading other hip-hop blogs and write a post each day about the hottest hip-hop topics. The key is to create as many good hip-hop related posts as you can each week.
The posts you publish on your blog will eventually be “crawled” and “indexed” by the major search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.). Once indexed, your blog will start showing up in search results for hip-hop related content. The more posts you publish and the better the quality of those posts, the better chance you have of people discovering your blog through search engines.
Step 4 – Monetize Your Blog
There are lots of ways to make money as a hip-hop blogger. Here are some of the easiest ways:
- Join an advertising network and earn money each time someone clicks on an advertisement on your site
- Join an affiliate program and earn commissions by recommending products and services you use to your readers
- Install a free e-commerce plug-in and sell your own CDs, digital downloads and hip-hop related merchandise
- Sell ad space directly to artists and labels who want to promote their music through your site
- Turn your blog into a membership site and charge people a fee for access to exclusive content
- Charge a small fee for each CD you review on your blog
- Charge people to post their rap videos on your blog
These are just some of the easy ways to make money as a hip-hop blogger. Experiment with each of these methods and see which methods earn you the most cash. Or, be creative and come up with something entirely new. As long as you keep coming up with content and getting traffic, the money will come.
Step 5 – Promote Your Blog
Now that you have got your hip-hop blog up and running, you need to start promoting it. The …
Body art is an ancient but populous form of body enhancement. There are various reasons why people engage in body art such as coiffure, body painting, body markings and the like. Some are done for purely aesthetic or decorative purposes while others are for medicinal, spiritual, entertainment, identification or symbolic reasons.
A wide of tools can be used for body enhancement. These include dabbing tools, painting tools, incising tools, smearing tools, tattooing tools, etc. Materials used for body arts include tattooing dyes, special cleaning agents etc. Drawing and writing inks, such as Indian ink, Pelican ink and printer inks are popularly used for amateur tattoos. Other colourants that can be used include pigments and dyes. Other materials used include plant extracts, soot, carbon and ochre. Henna, which is a natural plant, is also used for the production of temporary tattoos.
There are several causes of health hazards in body arts. Majority of them are as a result of contamination of the instruments used. Examples of these are the skin penetrating tools such as lances, electrolysis needles and extractors. When these instruments are not effectively cleaned and sterilized before use on another person, or when single-use instruments are not discarded immediately after use.
There are also allergic and toxic reactions which are due to impurities from the production process of the pigments and dyes used for tattooing. Tattoo inks can contain aromatic amines with carcinogenic potential (can cause cancer). Some tattoo products have been seen to cause mild forms of skin cancer. Tattoo dyes especially red, green, yellow and blue dyes can cause allergic skin reactions, such as an itchy rash at the tattooed area. This can occur even years after you get the tattoo.
Moreover, skin problems such as bumps called granulomas form around tattoo ink. Tattooing also can lead to keloids or raised areas caused by an overgrowth of scar tissue. It may cause blood borne diseases. For instance, if the equipment used to create the tattoo is contaminated with infected blood, the person can contract various blood borne diseases including tetanus, hepatitis B, hepatitis C or even HIV/AIDS.
These health-related cases can be prevented by taking some practical steps. For instance, the tools and equipment used for the production of body arts must be sterilized. Washing hands is the single most important factor in preventing infection.
Also, chemicals used in body arts must be properly labeled so that there will not be any substitutions. The chemicals must be properly cared for. They must be kept in well secured containers etc. The instructions on how to use and care for them must be meticulously followed.
Moreover, all working surfaces used, for example, procedure couches/chairs, benches and tables, should be washed with warm water and detergent, rinsed and dried using a clean lint-free single-use cloth. Additionally, at the end of each working day, wash all visibly soiled surfaces with warm water and detergent. Rinse and dry the cleaned surfaces using a clean lint-free single-use cloth.
There are a lot of techniques that can be employed in body arts. The commonest technique is painting. It involves the application of the paint, dye or pigment by the use of brush. After drawing the sketch or layout of the design on the skin surface, brush is used to apply the paint on the body surface. Printing, whereby designs are sometimes printed on the body surface is also used. Sometimes papers with permissible ink are transferred onto the body surface. Laser printers are also used to transfer computerized designs onto the surfaces of skin. Paint can be dabbed on the body surface using sponge or foam to transfer designs onto skin surfaces. Sometimes, the ink or paint can be spread over the surface of the skin to create the design or impression on the surface of the skin.
Other techniques include incision, thus, cutting into the surface of the skin to create a design. This is used in scarification and some forms of tattooing. The interlocking of the hair strands to form decorative forms referred to as braiding or plaiting falls under body arts.
Body art is gaining much fame today in the art industry. Artists must be weary of the health hazards in the use of tools, materials and instruments. They must endeavor to keep healthy practices while engaging in this interesting form of artistic expression.
A prevailing issue in the entertainment industry when it comes to celebrity marriage was the issue of separation, annulment and divorce. Though its legalization in the country has long been and is continuously being debated, most celebrity couples tend to disregard the hullabaloo caused by such matter. Taking into account the recent issue faced by the former beauty queen and actress Ruffa Guttierrez with his Turkish husband Yilmaz Bektas. The four-year married life of the actress has been decided to bring to an end for reasons that up to now were quite vague and ambiguous for all the viewing public.
Last 8th of May news boomed in the show business industry that Ruffa was about to file an annulment suit so as to end her ineffective marriage with his husband. Assumptions then filled the thoughts of many people as to what the real reason for their split up was. But the public’s criticizing eyes have been drawn to Ruffa as she and her mother Annabelle Rama started to appear in several entertainment shows while stating their individual explanation and accounts regarding the issue. An interview with Ruffa by the Philippine star yielded a strong answer, “The issue is not love, its self-respect.” Another possible reason that rose was their “cultural differences,” Ruffa was a born Christian but when she married Yilmaz, in order to pay respect for his husband she decided to have her religion converted to Islam. Though in one of her blog entries she said, “I did convert to Islam shortly after I married Yilmaz, but as I continuously read the Koran and books about Islam, Yilmaz and I also read the Bible. Knowledge is power.” Reports recently insinuated that Ruffa already returned to Christianity.
Conclusion that Ruffa was a battered wife also stung the thoughts of the viewers as she appeared to be a lamenting wife on an interview with Boy Abunda at the Buzz. When repeatedly asked whether she was a battered wife the actress just wept. She told him that there are really things that she will never understand about Yilmaz culture and vice versa. She even said that it took her seven years to realize all of it and ended her statement by saying that Filipinos are known for being patient. Appealing to the Filipina mothers for sympathy she said that in one year it would really be impossible to cause a single argument to end a marriage for some it takes them 30 years or more to swallow all the pain and frustrations just for the sake of their children. Their cultural difference has been an issue due to the fact that she never seems to understand why they have to beat up women.
To answer the issues raised upon him in the country last May 12, Yilmaz released his official statement through an email with Startalk saying:
“On the date of May 8, 2007, I was obliged to give the second most important decision in human life–divorce. Unfortunately, the cause of this decision was once again my wife’s close relations and one materialist relative of her who take advantage over my wife and who have poor conscience and honor.” Nobody ever thought that Yilmaz would still end up calling Ruffa a traitor in the most current interview with ABS-CBN. He also said that he loved Ruffa but he would have to set aside everything after all that has happened.
With both of them voicing their individual and disparate justifications which lead to their life-changing decision still left the public bemused as to what the real reason may be. Yet one thing about them is evident, what started as an envious and world-class marriage of the couples Ruffa and Yilmaz now came close to end with bitter commentaries from each sides.
Jim Dine (b 1935) is a well-known American ‘Pop’ artist (painter, sculptor, printmaker, illustrator, performance artist, stage designer, and poet) of the twentieth century. ‘Pop Art’ is a form of ‘Contemporary Art’ that derives its ideas from commonplace to unique materialistic objects, such as packaging of products, advertisements, comic strips, and photographs of celebrities. Dine has repeatedly used ordinary and familiar objects of personal significance in his paintings. These objects usually are bathrobes, hearts, birds, flowers, hands, or tools. The painter depicts his popular ‘heart’ in his most famous painting, “The Study for This Sovereign life” too, which gained fame as his best creation of all time.
“The Study for This Sovereign life,” measuring 48″ X 73″, is a work of oil and sand on canvas, and was created in the year 1985. The diptych has a blue background and a rope like string divides it into two sections. On the left side is a deadly skull, and on the right side is a bright red heart. In spite of its depiction of the abominable skull, “The Study for This Sovereign life” is passionately filled with brilliant colors. A splendid contrast is created, as the blood red hue is set against radiant blue color. The painting takes on a dazzling sheen, as a tinge of striking orange and green shades are added to it.
Despite being known as a successful ‘Pop’ artist by the world, Jim Dine often deviates from the insipidness and the inexpressive nature of popular art. He does this by creating lively paintings that are fused with passion and the common experiences of daily life. He believes that he is too subjective to fall in the genre of ‘Pop Art,’ and that ‘Pop Art’ is a mere facet of his style of painting. According to him, the popular images of daily use are not the subject of his drawings. They are just a part of his landscapes. His real interest lies in creating personal images, such as paintings depicting his own palette and brush, his studio, his experiences as a painter, his other paintings , color charts etc. In short, he is fond of portraying simple objects from his own life in his work. His paintings such as “The Study for This Sovereign life” are therefore a mode of personal expression.
Dine’s work has been highly appreciated and admired in many parts of the world. Apart from the United States, his pictures and sculptures have found a place in various museums across Europe. The great amount of recognition received by “The Study for This Sovereign life” has made it a masterpiece of historical significance.
For centuries, herbs have been widely used to treat different diseases and symptoms. And these herbs have also been used for fertility. And today, with many people wanting the natural approach to treatment, herbs are becoming popular again. If there are herbs for fertility, you must also be aware of the herbs that you must avoid if you want to conceive.
1. Cinnamon. This is a famous herb for many of its therapeutic benefits. It relieves menstrual cramps and eases difficulty in childbirth. But this is not one of the herbs for fertility. If you ingest cinnamon while pregnant, it can cause premature labor and dilation of the cervix. It is advised not to drink cinnamon added in beverages or to eat this in high doses found in food.
2. Black cohosh. Like cinnamon, black cohosh also has a lot of therapeutic uses. This herb has been used for centuries to treat hot flashes, mood swings, irritability, sleep disturbances, menstrual problems, and uterine spasms. Remember that black cohosh is not one of the herbs for fertility. If you take black cohosh when you are pregnant, this can cause premature labor and dilation of the cervix.
3. Evening primrose. This is one of the herbs for fertility because it improves the quality of cervical fluid. But to affect fertility, this herb must only be taken prior to ovulation. If evening primrose is taken after ovulation, this can cause the uterus to contract and the cervix to dilate. This can cause premature labor or miscarriage. Another therapeutic use of evening primrose is to dilate the cervix during childbirth.
4. Rosemary. This is a popular herb used in cooking sumptuous meals. Rosemary is considered safe to be ingested by pregnant women if added to food. But excessive amounts found in dietary supplements are not recommended. Rosemary has been established to stimulate menstruation and the uterus.
5. Motherwort. Like most herbs, motherwort has a lot of benefits. It is used to balance hormone levels and to normalize the menstrual cycle. Furthermore, motherwort is also used to treat anxiety, heart disease, and palpitation. It is also a great herb to soothe tension and stress even among pregnant women. Although motherwort can be considered as one of the herbs for fertility, it is recommended not to be used during the first 6 months of pregnancy. This is because motherwort is a uterine stimulant which can cause premature labor and miscarriages. Because of this, you must remember that motherwort must also be avoided.
These are the 5 herbs to avoid if you want fertility. Remember that not all herbs are for fertility. Different herbs have different functions and effects. If you want to use herbs, it is best to consult a herbalist and your OB-GYN regarding using these.
The popularity of digital art is increasing every year as the technology required is increasingly becoming readily available to everyone. Once the domain of graphic designers or artists such as Andy Warhol is now becoming a common way to create artwork. No other medium would let you erase 100 times, without harming your canvas in the slightest.
This article will explain the different styles of digital art and will discuss each category in a little detail to help clear up some of the confusion. Anyone new to digital art will no doubt have encountered terms such as ‘vector’, ‘Pixel’ or ‘mixed media’ art but may well have not been able to access a clear explanation. As is always the way with art, there is always some interpretation and the way I have chosen to categorise the art styles might not suit everyone.
Digital art can be divided into 5 main styles, Mixed Media, Vector, Fractal, Digital Painting and Pixel:
Mixed media or integrated art
Since the arrival of Photoshop in the 90s, mixed media or integrated art has been rolled out to the masses. Mixed media is exactly what its name suggests; it is the merging of many art styles such as painting, photography, drawing and digital. Using programs such as Photoshop artists are able to combine these art forms with often amazing results. One popular style of mixed media is ‘Pop art’, led by the Andy Warhol portrait styles that consist of using a computer program to add bright colours to the image and often align multiple panels together to form blocks of 4 or 9 images in different colours. Mixed Media is often seen in digital abstract art.
One of the most popular digital art techniques, a better term for it might be “vector-based art,” meaning art created using a vector-based program such as Illustrator or Freehand or Corel Draw. The artist uses vector drawing software and creates the image totally in a virtual environment. The style makes use of shapes which are outlined and can be filled with various colors and patterns; this usually produces a harder edged or graphic look. The signature flat colours and clean lines are easy to spot and quick to grab attention making them popular with advertisers looking to get the attention of the public.
Fractal art has been around for a while but is seeing resurgence of late. Examples of fractals can be found in the natural world however in terms of digital art it is art created entirely using mathematical formulae; they are infinite in their ability to be viewed in ever increasing detail. The closer you look the more detail there is, as you zoom into the image. Fractal art is usually created using fractal generating software, the program has three main phases: setting parameters of appropriate fractal software, executing the possibly lengthy calculation and evaluating the product.
Digital painting is an art form in which traditional painting techniques such as watercolor, oils, impasto, etc are applied using digital software. Digital painting is different to many other forms of digital art in that it is created without using a template or computer generated model. The artist uses painting techniques to create the digital painting directly onto the computer. The digital art software program uses traditional techniques such as brush strokes and colour blending to mimic the physical media. Styles available are increasingly diversified but include pastels, watercolour, oils, charcoals and acrylic to name just a few.
In amongst all these ground breaking digital art forms Pixel art a resurgence of old school pixel techniques is proudly celebrating the humble beginnings of computer art. It is a retro digital art style that is making a comeback. When seen, most people immediately remember their old commodore 64 or Atari graphics, indeed these old computers and video games all use pixel technology. Pixel art is drawn pixel by pixel in minute detail usually using a very limited colour palette and primitive computer graphics tools. One of the more popular programs is Microsoft Paint, this program hasn’t been updated for years however it is a perfectly suitable tool for creating pixel art.
Thinking of buying the required textbooks in college? Wait! Don’t do that just yet. There are ways to save on college textbooks. You don’t need to shell out as much as a thousand a year for your textbooks. You can save by renting from textbook rental sites that are getting more popular as new textbook prices increases over the years. Textbook rental can be done by just logging on to textbook rental sites and picking the books you need for your subjects. These books will be ship to you and you can return them after the rental period.
Here are the advantages of textbook rental:
1. You save money – This is the number one factor when deciding whether to buy or rent college textbooks. It has been proven that you can really save by renting. Depending on the textbook rental site you choose, you can save up to 85% by renting rather than buying. This would help you stretch your budget by leaps and bounds. If you have extra time, you can scour the net to get discount coupon codes to get further discounts or more perks when renting. Taking the time to do your research and looking for the best sites can save you the most money.
2. You save time – Buying online can help you save time and energy. You need not go visit several bookstores to complete your college textbook requirement. You only need to browse through the large selection of books that textbook rental sites offer, choose the ones you need, checkout, type in your discount coupon code and rent. It is easy to do and you can do it in the littlest time possible at the comfort of your home. By doing so, you also save transportation and gasoline cost.
3. You save trees and the environment – Using rented textbooks will decrease the amount of paper use thus saving the trees and the environment. This is important today as we now live in a country where each person contributes and tries hard to be eco-friendly. You can save thousands of trees by renting textbooks rather than buying new ones.
4. You help the community – You may wonder how you can help the community by renting textbook. If you look closely at the different textbook rental sites, you will notice that most of them offer to help the community every time you rent from them. Some of the programs include planting a tree for each textbook rental and donation to partner organizations.
Disadvantage of Textbook Rental:
With textbook rental, advantages outweighs the disadvantages. There is only one disadvantage – you will not be able to use them as a reference book once you’re rental period is up and you have returned them to the rental site. Another which is not really a disadvantage but can be a problem is when you don’t return the books on time. This can cause you your savings since you have to pay for the book extension. So, better make sure to follow the rental procedure to get most of your savings.
Isn’t it obvious? Well, apparently not quite, when you consider how many people are still struggling with this topic!
The first concept you must grasp is that 3D means 3 dimensional and 2D means 2 dimensional. Now before you think I’m stating the obvious, let me go on to say that the 3D and 2D in animation refer to the dimension in which the animation was created. Ahhhh. The plot thickens eh?
For 2D animation, everything happens on a 2 dimensional platform. Pictures are flat, without depth and offer only one perspective. Objects and characters are usually drawn without the subtle soft shadows we see in real life and colours have few varying shades. In 3D animation, everything happens on a 3 dimensional platform. Pictures have depth and offer multiple perspectives just like in real life and have soft subtle shadows casted on the objects and characters within.
In 2D, characters look cartoonish and unrealistic. In 3D, characters can look cartoonish but realistic at the same time.
Another way to think of this is to think in terms of a painting and a sculpture. 2D is a painting, and 3D is a sculpture. 3D introduces “depth perspective,” so we not only see a rectangle (2D) but a CUBE (3D). You may also want to think of it like being the difference between a photograph of a glass of water (2D) and being able to reach out and actually pick up the glass of water (3D).
Typically, 2D involves “drawing,” or movement on, say, a flat surface (sketch pad, etc.) or in the vertical and horizontal planes. 3D involves “modeling,” i.e., creating objects in 3-dimensions using a computer software, residing in an expansive virtual environment, complete with lights, reflections, other objects, shadows, etc.
You could start training yourself by comparing a cartoon like Bugs Bunny, Aladdin, Lion King (2D) to “Toy Story 1,2 & 3, “Finding Nemo” and “Incredibles” (3D). If you have not watched any of these great cartoons, you should grab one right away or be branded a Neanderthal forever!
When you watch a movie, whether it be at the cinema or in the comfort of your own home, it’s seldom you actually think about where the movie was produced and how each film company secured the rights to the movie you’re watching on the screen. The movie business is extremely competitive. The six major film companies discussed below comprise 90 percent of the US and Canadian box office revenue. If you’re pondering a career in film, you may want to pay very close attention to the statistics below.
And while there are a few “mini-majors” still turning a profit in the industry (Lions Gate Entertainment and MGM for example), it’s fairly difficult for film companies to stay afloat while competing with these highly successful empires.
Below you will find the six major film companies (also known as “The Big Six”) and a brief description of each:
1. Warner Bros. Pictures. Comprising a whopping 19.7 percent of the US/Canadian market share (2007 figures), Warner Bros. Pictures is the biggest player in the film industry. Securing the rights to major films like Harry Potter, Superman, Batman, The Matrix and Star Wars have made Warner Bros. the No. 1 name in the business.
2. Paramount Pictures. With 15.5 percent of the US/Canadian market share (2007 figures), Paramount Pictures continues to be one of the most successful film production companies in the world. Star Trek, War of the Worlds, the Mission Impossible series, Transformers and Tropic Thunder are just a few of the popular films produced by Paramount Pictures.
3. Walt Disney. One of the most renowned film production companies in the history of the business, Walt Disney now holds 15.3 percent of the US/Canadian market share (2007 figures). With highly successful movies like Pirates of the Caribbean, National Treasure, Meet the Robinsons and Enchanted, there’s no doubt that Disney will continue to play a key role in the industry for years to come.
4. Columbia Pictures. Comprising 12.9 percent of the US/Canadian market share (2007 figures), Columbia Pictures remains a big player in the business. Some of this company’s recent successes include Casino Royale, The Da Vinci Code, the Spider-Man series and Step Brothers.
5. Universal Studios. 12.2 percent of the US/Canadian market share (2007 figures) belongs to Universal Studios, which continues to make millions for the film industry. With major hits like the Bourne series (Bourne Identity, Bourne Supremacy and Bourne Ultimatum), The American Pie series, Knocked Up, American Gangster and The Incredible Hulk, it’s very clear that Universal Studios knows what it takes to make money in this industry.
6. 20th Century Fox. Also known as “Twentieth Century Fox,” this highly successful movie production company makes up 11.9 percent of the US/Canadian market share (2007 figures). Some of the biggest and most successful movies from this empire include the X-Men series, Mr. and Mrs. Smith, Star Wars Episodes II and III, and the Fantastic Four.
Once again, if you’re looking for a career in the film industry, the six companies listed above are the cream of the crop. If you have the opportunity to work for one of these companies, we wouldn’t suggest passing it up.